Yesterday it occurred to me that maybe I’ve been taking this (temporary) single-lady dinner thing too far, Caprese salad (not so easy on the mozzarella), Amy’s pizza, rice with shrimp & green onions (who does that?) and a failed attempt at making a healthier, homemade Shamrock Shake (because I won’t go anywhere near the mutant green one at McDonald’s).
I’m a mess.
I skipped last week’s meal plan. I just didn’t make one. The good news is that despite my weird, carbo-loaded week, I had a GREAT week at the gym. I hope those two things cancel each other out and my clothes still fit whenever I decide to change out of yoga pants and pull-overs (maybe tomorrow).
I designed this week’s meal plan to give my body a bit of a reset. You will see some ingredients repeated, I generally enjoy a lot of variety but the adjustment from shopping for two to shopping for one always takes me a couple of weeks and I am trying not to be wasteful.
One thing is for sure, this week’s plan will have lots of this:
I was so excited to finally find Meyer lemons! It seems like we are a bit behind the rest of the country when it comes to produce. After I found them, I got a little pin-happy and can’t wait to buy more and start experimenting.
Anyway, on to this week’s meal plan:
- Roasted chicken- I am roasting a chicken today and hoping it will get me through part of the week. I really do not enjoy cooking meat so this is a way to finish the task in one day (and roasted chicken tastes seriously awesome) and toss it into meals as needed throughout the week.
- Steamed kale, spinach, baby bok choy with toasted sesame seeds and a garlic & tamari vinaigrette
- Raw Green Veggie Soup (recipe)
- Thai spiced chicken (Thai red chile pepper, garlic, mint & lemongrass) with cashews over a bed of greens
- Kale salad with toasted walnuts and dried cranberries, I’m going to experiment with a Meyer lemon vinaigrette and I will post a recipe if it is a success!
- Salmon with a Meyer lemon dressing and asparagus
I hope you are enjoying a day off and have a great week!