Our “hasta luego” party was a huge success! Everyone had a great time, the margarita pitchers were empty and bellies were full of homemade carnitas and pico de gallo- healthier alternatives to traditional queso dip and burritos smothered in cheese. I want to share the details and give you printable menu cards in case you want to host your own fiesta (Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner).
- Strawberry Basil Margaritas (a total hit)
- Lime Margaritas
- Blood Orange Margaritas
- Las Palomas (grapefruit, sparkling water, tequila & lime)
- Izze sodas in Clementine, Sparkling Blackberry and Sparkling Pomegranate
- Chorizo sausage with roasted jalapenos
- Fresh guacamole and pico de gallo
- Mexican spiced pulled chicken
- Carnitas served with spinach, tomatoes and avocado
- Cilantro seasoned rice
- Chicken enchiladas with homemade red chile sauce
- Lemon lime cake and strawberries
I chose brightly colored tissue paper (some of which I already had around the house) to create pom-poms and cover Chinese lanterns in a decorative pattern. Serving platters and colorful placemats were the base for food and drinks and I placed fresh flowers around the house.
I used menu cards throughout the evening; the cards added a pop of color while highlighting the ingredients in margaritas and other dishes. I created them in Photoshop and included them for you to download. The cards are 2×3 inch printable PDFs, I omitted the text so you can customize your own. Print on heavy paper or card stock.
I hope you can incorporate some of these ideas into your own entertaining! Have fun!